Putnam County Soil Conservation District’s 2019 Poster Contest Rules
Contest Rules Checklist
- Any media may be used, including: Paint, crayon, colored pencil, charcoal, stickers, paper, or other materials.
- Posters must be flat, they cannot be 3D.
- The poster size cannot be larger than a standard poster (22 x 28).
- All posters must be created by an individual student, rather than a team of students.
- The 2019 Stewardship theme “Life in the Soil: Dig Deeper” must be included on the front side of the poster submission to be eligible.
- The students first and last name and homeroom teachers name must be on the back of the poster.
- Although younger students will most likely receive help in planning from parents or teachers, Putnam County Soil Conservation District encourages each student to do their own work.
- Note: Entries with student handwriting and coloring will score better than those designed, drawn, and colored by adult assistance.
- Entries must be submitted by Friday, September 27, 2019 (No entries will be excepted after the deadline)
Poster Contest entries are reviewed based on the following criteria:
- Conservation message: 50 % (Poster uses correct theme)
- Visual effectiveness: 30 %
- Originality: 10 %
- Universal appeal: 10%
*For your poster to be considered for 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place you must follow all the rules and score at least 70% or greater on the evaluation criteria.
For more information, please email Katrina.email@example.com
2019 Poster Contest Resources
- http:// https://soils4teachers.org/lessons-and-activities